• Made like a gun, goes like a bullet

by  • 3 April, 2009 • General, Tech • 7 Comments

Royal Enfield Bullet 500Glory Hallelujah! I found what I was looking for. Ecce moto! It’s an old iron barrel Royal Enfield Bullet 500, the classic type, no frills. This model hasn’t changed in over 50 years, they forgot to stop making them. The bike I bought is a 1999 model and is no longer available new since this year, due to new European regulations. It had been parked under a tree, covered with an old tarpaulin, for 2 years. That’s where I found it. There are some technical problems, none of which can’t be solved, but more than anything it needs some good care and polish. I can do that. It’s now at a service shop and I will officially take possession of it on Monday 13th of April. In the mean time I have some private matters to attend to. You can follow my restauration and tune-up project at a new site dedicated to this jewel at www.royal-enfield.gr

7 Responses to Made like a gun, goes like a bullet

1. Tom Hoffman
      6 April, 2009 at 0:07

“Ecce moto”.

Now, that’s funny. I like funny.

Tom

2. Thomas Hoffman
      29 April, 2009 at 21:59

I don’t want to be one of the “above the [Maas/Rhine] rivers” North Holland ‘nattering nabobs of negativity’ types, but I must remind you of your experience with the Harley.

Now, you see, had I insisted on a full accounting of the accident and the sequelae (I remember something about you hearing the junk that was your Harley about to strike the rider, who’d just levitated over the automobile that had neglected the STOP sign at the intersection of your near death experience and, then, there was that incident at Anadaal during which Yvonne violated her professional)hygenic code), it would have made a brilliant chapter in the Biographie dubois. In fact, I believe it might have been emblematic of all that which was not Europa Dada.

Think about it. Lemme know. I’m ISO a swan song with respect to that project.

Tom

3. Eric
      30 May, 2009 at 15:06

YES WE CAN !!

I have a dream that one day my bike will rise up and make it’s typical sound

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Crete, the sons and daughters of former slaves and the sons and daughters of former slave owners will be able to ride on a Royal Enfield

I have a dream that one day the European countries will see the mistake they made with their new regulation

I have a dream that one day my sweet Yvonne will have the courage to ride on the backseat of my ‘gun’

I have a dream that on that day I don’t run out of fuel

I have a dream today!

Thank God Almighty, my dream has come true!

4. luc
      30 May, 2009 at 22:05

@Tom Don’t worry, I won’t repeat my Harley experience, though it would be worth it just for the violation of Yvonne’s ethical code…
      @Eric Hahaha, that was one of your best comments ever…!

5. Edje
      10 June, 2009 at 16:39

Beste Luc,

Hé menneke zout gij dat ding nie effe opknappen en langs de schoone stranden goat toere?

__________________________________
      Wees gegroet uit het zonnige zuiden. Ed

6. luc
      11 June, 2009 at 13:57

@edje Ik ben al bijna een maand aan’t wachten op 1 krities onderdeel: de luchtfilter doos. Ik kan de carburator niet afstellen zonder dat ding te monteren en ze hebben me al twee keer een verkeerde geleverd. Maar de zon schijnt en ik kom ook op andere manieren op het strand!

7. roshan
      14 April, 2010 at 22:29

I am gonna get ma dream ride on next saturday.
      It is an old model, proud to say 1987, the year I was born….